Ride the Capital 2020 - Nicosia 3 Peaks Challenge
Sunday, 6th of December, 2020
Nicosia Tourism Board (NTB) is organizing for the 6th consecutive year the cycling event “Ride the Capital – 3 Peaks Challenge”, which will take place on Sunday, December 6, 2020.
The cycling event is a specialized route aimed at experienced cyclists. The starting and ending point of the route is the Road Safety Park in Aglantzia, while the route will pass through picturesque villages of Nicosia to the three highest peaks of the district – Madari, Papoutsa and Kionia. The participants will follow a route of 130 km with steep slopes on the road and almost 2900 meters of total ascent.
All the necessary safety and protection measures will be taken to ensure the safety of participants, as they will be accompanied by professional cyclists, support vehicles and an ambulance while several stops will be made for rest.
The participation fee is €20, including the meal that will follow the trip.
For more information and registration you can call 22 889600 or email email@example.com
- Starting point: 07:30 Road Safety Park in Aglantzia
- Estimated arrival time at the first peak – Madari: 11:00
- Break in Alona from 11:20 to 11:50
- Departure from Alona at 11:50 & reconstruction (regrouping) to the second top – Papoutsa at 12:15
- Break & preparation for the long descent to Apliki
- Regrouping in Macheras Monastery
- Break at the Monastery from 13:45 to 14:00
- • Arrival at the third peak – Kionia at 14:45
- Departure at 14:45
- Expected return time to the Road Safety Park in Aglantzia: 16:00
The event is under the auspices of the Municipality of Aglantzia.