The Nicosia Tourism Board is organizing for the 6th consecutive year the cycling event “Ride the Capital – 3 Peaks Challenge”, which will take place on Sunday, December 6, 2020.
The cycling event is a specialized route aimed at experienced cyclists. The starting and ending point of the route is this year the Traffic Education Park in Aglantzia, while the route will pass through the picturesque villages of Nicosia province to the three highest peaks of the province – Madari, Papoutsa and Kionia. The participants will follow a route of 130 km with steep slopes on the road and almost 2900 meters of total ascent.
It is worth noting that all the necessary safety and protection measures will be taken by the participants, as they will be accompanied by professional cyclists, support vehicles and an ambulance while several stops will be made for rest.
The cost of participation in the event is € 20, including the meal that will follow after the trip.
For more information and registration you can call 22 889600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time & starting point: 07:30 Traffic Education Park in Aglantzia
- Estimated arrival time at the first peak – Madari: 11:00
- Break in Alona from 11:20 to 11:50
- Departure from Alona at 11:50 & reconstruction (regrouping) to the second peak – Papoutsa at 12:15
- Break & preparation for the long descent to Apliki
- Reconstruction (regrouping) in the Monastery of Macheras
- Break at the Monastery from 13:45 to 14:00
- Arrival at the third peak – Kionia at 14:45
- Departure at 14:45 in the direction of Aglantzia
- Expected return time to the Traffic Education Park in Aglantzia: 16:00